Deadline for Submissions: June 30, 2017
Deadline for Scores, Bios, Notes, and Participation Fee: October 1, 2017
Event Date: NA – Recording project only.
Event Venue: NA – Recording project only.
Instruments: String Quartet only
Duration: 10 minutes or less
The Birmingham Art Music Alliance will partner with the Amernet Quartet to record string quartets by Alabama composers, for subsequent release as audio CD(s). This call is open to all current Submitting BAMA members.
- By submitting work, you agree to contribute toward CD production costs, payable before recording begins. The target is $30/minute or less, not to exceed $40/minute. We will provide the exact rate following review of proposals in July. Except for extenuating circumstances (piece not recorded, CD release is canceled, etc), this fee is non-refundable.
- Signed agreements with participating composers will be enacted before the CD is produced.
- You may list up to two works for string quartet (no electronics or other instruments) in order of preference. Alternates will not be considered until all first submissions are vetted.
- Email title(s) and duration(s) only to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2017. Use “Amernet CD Call – Your Name” as subject heading.
- It is acceptable to submit proposed works with working titles. If estimating duration, please round up — you can provide precise timing with score.
- Due date for scores, bios, notes, and participation fee is October 1, 2017. More detail will come, following review of submissions to this call.
How to submit: Email title(s) and duration(s) only to by June 30, 2017. Use “Amernet CD Call – Your Name” as subject heading.